© european commons. All rights reserved.
CERN: Ines Knaepper for Verena Ringler
Portrait Verena Ringler: Peter Mayr
EPC Seminar: European Policy Centre
Concept & Webdesign: magdalenatheis.com
european commons operates the europeancommons.com website, which provides the SERVICE.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service, the europeancommons website.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these “cookies” to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
For the provision of this website, we use the web hosting service SPRIT.ORG.
MELON Informationstechnologie GmbH, Weyringergasse 13, A-1040 Wien /Austria
Improvement of our offering using visit statistics
To improve our online services, we occasionally evaluate how the site is used.
For this purpose, we create visitor statistics by using the web analytics software Google Analytics. In doing so we don’t collect personal data.
Newsletter – European Commons Intelligence Briefing
Our website gives you the option to subscribe to our Newsletter “European Commons Intelligence Briefing” in order to stay up to date and informed about news and new developments. To be able to complete your subscription, it is necessary to process your personal data automatically.
We charged MailChimp (The Rocket Science Group LLC, 675 Ponce de Leon Avenue NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA) with this task. Please note that MailChimp is a third-party service that is not owned or managed by European Commons. MailChimp participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
Your data will be used exclusively in accordance with your given consent under Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR.
Information about the content, procedure, and statistics
What content can I expect?
The European Commons Intelligence Briefing includes a TEXT VON VERENA kommt noch. It might also include information about European Commons’ events and internal developments.
How often will the European Commons Intelligence Briefing be sent?
The European Commons Intelligence Briefing will be sent twice a month.
Use of Mailchimp
The European Commons Intelligence Briefing is sent via the company Mailchimp (bitte Verlinkung), which also stores the e-mail addresses and further information for sending and analyzing the European Commons Intelligence Briefing.
Double-Opt-In and Opt-Out
You will receive a double opt-in e-mail asking you to confirm your registration. You can object to receiving the European Commons Intelligence Briefing at any time (so-called opt-out). You will find an unsubscribe link in each European Commons Intelligence Briefing and the double opt-in e-mail.
Statistics and evaluation
In order to optimize the European Commons Intelligence Briefing for you, you agree to our evaluation, by which we measure how often the European Commons Intelligence Briefing is opened and on which links the readers click.
Data subject rights
You have the right:
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR to demand information about your personal data we process. In particular, you can demand information about
- the purposes of the processing,
- the category of the personal data,
- the categories of recipients to whom your data were or will be disclosed,
- the planned storage period,
- the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction or revocation of processing,
- the existence a right to lodge a complaint,
- the origin of your data, in so far as not collected by us,
- and also about the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and where appropriate meaningful information about to details thereof;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR to demand immediate rectification of inaccurate or completion of your personal data saved with us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR to demand deletion of your personal data saved with us, in so far as the processing is not required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR to demand restriction of processing of your personal data, in so far as you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful but you oppose deletion and we no longer need the data but you do to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR to receive your personal data you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand transmission to another controller;
- pursuant to Art. 7 Subs. 3 GDPR to withdraw your consent to us at any time. This means that we may no longer continue processing the data based on that consent for the future and
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority for your habitual residence or place of work or our registered offices.
If you want to exercise your data subject rights, simply send an email to email@example.com
Right to object
You have the right, pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data, insofar as there are grounds arising from your particular situation or it relates to objection to direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object which we shall heed without the stating of a particular situation.
Verena Ringler (European Commons)
6020 Innsbruck, Austria
If you want to exercise your right to object, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
European Commons will endeavour to keep your personal information accurate. If you require access to personal information we hold on you, wish to amend an inaccuracy, or have your information deleted from our files then please contact email@example.com
Actuality and changes to this Data Protection Policy
This data protection policy is the latest version and amended as of 13 May 2020.
If you have any questions regarding our Data Protection Policy or require any clarifications, please contact us by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org